After spending the past 10 years organising and running luxury painting holidays in the South of France, I have returned home to New Zealand with the view to share the beauty of the natural and vivid landscapes with the instructors and guests. As I am a traveller at heart I have created Wilbury Tours, a tour company that is dedicated to custom designing tours and workshops for the travelling artist.
Our tours and workshops
A Wilbury Tour is a holiday that will be designed with you in mind, each tour will be unique to cater best for the needs of the individual groups. Painting locations will take you on a scenic journey that will be sure to spark a creative fire, the sites will be planned to ensure maximum variety in landscapes allowing you to paint your journey through New Zealand.
Accommodations will be selected for their comfort and their functionality for the group and proximity to painting locations.
So that you can save space in your luggage for more important things, Wilbury Tours are able to provide stools and easels, (standard metal plein air easels) these are easily moved around and positioned.
Instructors are all approachable, talented and good fun. We will be posting an instructor bio about the individual trips so keep an eye out on here for this.
PAINTING HOLIDAYS IN NEW ZEALAND
Whether you are interested in watercolor or oil painting, landscape or village scenes, Wilbury Tours can custom design a workshop for you and your students.
Please take a look at the instructors we have coming to New Zealand in 2017 and 2018
Georgia Mansur - Watercolours in Wanaka
November 25 - December 2, 2017
Lori Putnam - Plein Air Painting in Wanaka
March 1 - March 11, 2018
Some highlights during a workshop with Wilbury Tours:
- Arrowtown, the historic gold mining town located on the banks of the Arrow River
- Queenstown, with its towering mountains above the lake, it is a spectacular sight to spend a day or two
- The Crown Range, showcasing stunning views of the region
- Vineyards, Central Otago is well-known for its Pinot Noir
- Secluded bays with magical mountain landscapes surrounding them
Your Package Includes:
- Accommodation (double occupancy)
- Daily continental breakfast
- A number of lunches or dinners at various restaurants in the region (number provided varies between workshops)
- Use of easels and art stools
- Pick-up and drop-off from Queenstown Airport
- Daily transportation to painting locations
- Local tour guide
Does not include:
- Airfare to and from Queenstown
- Travel Insurance
To reserve your place on one of Wilbury Tours small group workshops, or to find out more information, please email Penny at firstname.lastname@example.org
MORE WORKSHOPS TO BE SCHEDULED, PLEASE KEEP CHECKING IN HERE
Wanting to bring a group to New Zealand? Please contact email@example.com to find out more information.